Essentris® is used in acute hospital environments, providing point-of-care data capture at the patient's bedside for physiological devices, fetal/uterine devices, ventilators and other patient care machines.
Essentris® allows worldwide documentation of inpatient records for all service members and beneficiaries. Essentris® is also used to assist injured service members returning from Theater to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany for acute care. Information captured in Essentris® is accessible to other providers in the continuum of care, ensuring continuity of care for service members returning to the U.S. for additional care in Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs facilities. Essentris® helps reduce the majority of paper-based inpatient documentation at DOD military treatment facilities. The use of this solution allows for standardization of processes and sharing of documentation across DOD and VA treatment facilities.
- Allows real-time monitoring of heart, fetal and other critical data
- Shares data with AHLTA and VistA via the Bidirectional Health Information Exchange
- Interfaces with the Composite Health Care System
- Includes HL7 inbound ADT (Admission, Discharge, Transfer), Laboratory/Microbiology results and Radiology text interpretation from CHCS
- Allows real-time data backup for every single transaction through the Essentris® server
- Provides enhanced order entry workflow as well as task lists, notifications and user preferences
- Enhances the provision of care to ill and injured service members
- Enhances the delivery of patient care interoperability with the VA
- Ensures continuity of care to ill and injured service members
- Enhances medical readiness
- Increases clinical and administrative efficiency