The Defense Health Information Management System's outpatient and inpatient applications provide health care documentation support to ensure quality continuity of care and timely administration of benefits at stateside military treatment facilities for service members and their families.
- Documents patient health information and history
- Consolidates data into a single clinical database
- Provides clinicians with worldwide access, 24 hours a day
- Expands the documentation of medical care
- Improves coding practices
- Supports the delivery of advanced medical care in hospital and clinical settings on the home front and abroad
AHLTA, the military's electronic health record, generates, maintains, stores and provides secure electronic access to comprehensive patient records.
The Composite Health Care System allows clinicians to electronically perform patient appointment processes and scheduling, order laboratory tests, authorize radiology procedures and prescribe medications.
Essentris® provides point-of-care data capture at the patient's bedside for physiological devices, fetal/uterine devices, ventilators and other patient care machines.